Károli Gáspár University
of the Reformed Church
H-1091 Budapest, Kálvin tér 9.
The legal predecessor of our University was the Reformed Theological Academy of Budapest, founded in 1855, and granted University status by the Hungarian Parliament in 1990. In 1993, the General Assembly of the Reformed Church in Hungary took the decision to establish a multifaculty University. In establishing our University, the General Assembly decided to set up international cooperation programmes with Western-European (especially Dutch and Belgian), American and Japanese higher education institutions.
Our primary aims are:
• to offer diversified, multi-level, broadly-based, high-level education in conformity with the intellectual heritage of the Reformed Church;
• to guarantee educational facilities for students and to assist in the development of their academic potential;
• to follow the tradition of many centuries of Protestant and Hungarian higher education;
• to serve the development of Church and Nation, through educational and academic activity carried out in the spirit of an universitas scientiarum.
• Faculty of Theology
• Faculty of Teacher Training
• Faculty of Humanities
• Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
CALVIN COLLEGE and KÁROLI –
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Department of English Literatures and Cultures and the Department of English
Linguistics as well as the whole Faculty of Humanities at
Károli Gáspár University
are happy to announce that
there is a possibility for
FOUR of our students to study at Calvin College
(Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.A.)
in the Interim Period (January 2016) of the Academic Year of 2015/2016.
Terms of application:
Most of the costs (accommodation, tuition, etc.) will be covered partly by Calvin College and partly by Károli University, except travel expenses, visa and insurance. In addition, the student is also expected to contribute to his or her total costs with approx. 150 USD.
Conditions of application:
At the time of the application, the applicant should be an enrolled student of Károli Gáspár University.
Students who are enrolled at Károli Gáspár University at the time of travel as well, may receive additional financial support (200 000 HUF) for their travel expenses.
The applicant should submit the application material by 12:00 on Friday, December 5, 2014, at the Department Secretary’s Office (Room 309).
The oral interview will be at 14:00 on Wednesday, December 10, 2014, in Room 308.
The grantees’ names will be announced on the notice-board of the Department at 12:00, on Thursday, December 11, 2014.
The application material should consist of
- a written statement of purpose (why the applicant feels it important to spend three weeks at Calvin College) in approx. 250 words, with clear indication of the e-mail and surface address, as well as the phone number, at which the candidate can be reached
- a copy of the applicant's records of study from the last two semesters (the relevant data printed out from the Neptun system)
In the case of applicants in the first year of their university studies, a successful basic exam (“alapvizsga”) will be the condition of the scholarship.
For further details, please contact Dr. Katalin G. Kállay